Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just an Update

So my little baby boy turned 1 first week of October, and he has changed much and fast. And I couldn't be a prouder mother.
He has learned a lot, and although he doesn't have the guts to walk without holding our hands yet, he's become such an intelligent little human being! It's amazing how he learns things by himself. The best part of my day is when I catch him doing something I didn't think he could.
I still miss the days when he was just a tiny little blog of fat and love (haha! he'll hate me once he's able to read this) but of course, I love the boy he's growing up to be. It's a fun journey being a parent.

As to my aspect of this metamorphosis, the changes that occurred in my life are amazing too. Getting up earlier in the day without feeling drowsy -- oh, could it be? i'm slowly becoming a morning person! haha! -- and trying new things, for example, are things that make me feel refreshed and as if I'm finally living my life. Why do I say it like that? Because honestly, when I started having a family I thought my capabilities would be sized down. Nadah!

I started doing driving lessons. Yeah it might sound a little late for some people, learning how to drive at the age of 21. But my parents didn't allow me to go to driving school when I was younger. So it's a big thing for me! It's good to learn something again after graduating college. So there are new additions, still, to my knowledge bracket and skills. Also, I was planning to finally apply for work since my kid turned one, and it seemed like he was fine without his mother being around all the time... but apparently that is false...

He's actually become more attached to me and has not stopped relying on breastmilk... so there you have it. No job for me. Haha! Although, I think postponing that plan isn't such a bad idea with Christmas coming along, so my work schedule doesn't take me away from my family. So i'll just use the time to work on my baby's independence.

I also gotta say that at this point in the little guy's life, we as parents can pretty much tell who are friends for keeps and are always gonna be there for him... Word of advice: Those who kept saying they'll visit you at the hospital when you were pregnant but never showed, are not people you should keep in your circle of friends. Or those who said that they wanna be your kid's godparents and love your kid like he's their own but never bother to visit him or ask you out so they can see him.. yeah, same story. You don't have to wait more than a couple'a months to figure out who's who.
----------------------------------

BTW, why don't we say a little prayer for the victims of calamity in the southern Philippines... 7.2 earthquake recently took a lot of lives. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment