Thursday, July 19, 2012

Liebe auf den Ersten Blick

As any teenage mom, I honestly did not take the surprise of my pregnancy well (even though at 20, you could call it pretty legal).
But that was because of other people's expectations of me. I myself did not have any for me. I was giving up back then... on school and my future. I wanted to take a break from everything. I was out of focus.
Yet when my mother's OB-G (and family friend) told us to forget about abortion, I was the first to be convinced. And I drew courage from her words, even if my mother was stubborn for a little while longer.
I am glad we are Christian.

That same day I first saw our little sweetheart, Kadence (name still incomplete). I had my first ultrasound.
He was already existing for 2 months. I saw his form, his movement, heard his heart beat. I think I fell in love at first sight :)
It may not sound charming but I am being truthful. From that day on, I became dedicated to my pregnancy and I am happier than when I wasn't pregnant.

I don't care what people think. I am telling the world that my child is my happiness, and so is my lover, Kurt, and that alone is enough inspiration for me to keep wanting to live.

***If you were wondering what the title of this entry means, it's "Love at First Sight" in German. Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment