Friday, June 29, 2012

Procrastinating

Song for this specific post: Sandwich - Procrastinator ;)
---

It is funny how I don't put off work which I think isn't my job, or is too boring, or doesn't teach me anything useful. But when it comes to starting a book, or finishing one I'm having the hardest time.

So I searched google for "Reasons why we procrastinate" and mentioned on a page I happened to open were some of those mentioned earlier. But none were applicable to reading a book!

I love reading, and I have finished a lot of books, even if I didn't like them, even if they were fat books, even if they were a burden to carry around. Haha.
I know that I finish them because 1) I bought them. 2) I am bored. 3) I have enough time at the moment. 4) I am interested in the story (the book is a page-turner). etc...

My boyfriend knows I keep buying books, and don't finish them. I never do, because I buy 1 to 5 at a time, without finishing any of the previously bought. So my reading list is bottomless. LOL
Not only do I buy, but I even borrow some. And I borrowed several from him, including Chicken Soup for the Soul, and Christian books.
My book shelve keeps refilling. And he reminded me of this ugly habit of mine last month, so I am trying to stop buying and start reading.

From the borrowed list, I have already started reading Chicken Soup for a Woman's Soul, but didn't finish it. But I almost did. Haha. I can't finish it though, because I left the book at home, and I can't get to it right now. So I moved on to the next one off the borrowed list: The Shack, of which I have read a couple of chapters. And then I bought Saffron Skies. *fail* Also, my cousin gave me a copy of Live Laugh Love.

I have not touched the latter two, though, and I am trying to finish The Shack at the moment. But I can't get myself to do it. Hence, this post.
It is interesting, and the first few chapters I went through rather swiftly, but now I am stuck.
It might be because I started doing my on-the-job training for school, and it's really keeping me busy.
But I also think it's because the story, and conversations entailed in it are too complex for me.
I am tempted to move on to the next book.

But I will try to finish it this weekend. I already have it right here next to me, and I can't seem to open it. Haha. How many people feel like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment