Saturday, June 30, 2012

Comfort World

This would be my comfort zone, were it real
---

If I could make my own little community, it would have meadows and gardens or parks with playgrounds, trees and flowers, even if it was a city. The sun would be beautiful and bright but not hot. Blue sky filled with fluffy clouds, and a steady breeze. The evening sky would be filled with stars.

There would be a bakery, a coffee shop, a grocery store, a library or book store, and a mall, all only a few blocks away. It would be safe enough to just walk to these places. A few bars for nightlife too, not too rowdy but fun.

My workplace would be farther beyond the shops, but less than an hour drive away. So would a school and a hospital be.
It would always be in a safe distance from home. So I could take my time getting off work, not in a rush to avoid heavy traffic.

My house would be a two-storey one with front and back yards, or a simple modern flat with a terrace and a nice view of the parks.

The people living on the same street as me would know one another, and exchange friendly greetings on weekend mornings when checking the mail, or having coffee on the porch, or when someone jogs by, when everyone is just wanting to relax.

A train would track along the cities, connecting them. Beautiful preserved landscape, and the view of a vast lake or river (where the people can also go swimming, fishing, boating, or camping) on the way to visiting a relative on the other side of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment